Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Hmm...not too much is new in the Hinkle household. We've both been helping out at church the past few Sundays (with tech and children's ministry). I was in the PreK room again, once as a teacher and once as a helper. Our community group has been rather slow lately, with Kayle and I the only ones to show up last week and one of 3 couples yesterday. We're moving back inside next week, because it's getting dark by 8:30 and that dampens the fun you can have at the park. I'm really looking forward to our weekly potluck meals and sermon discussions again! Also for church, we had our "regional vision event" to hear from the new pastor how we will "be the church" in our spread-out communities. Since then, I decided to help get people serving in their neighborhoods by compiling a list of local social service agencies and what kind of volunteer help they need. A few people have already responded by signing up for an event or asking for help getting connected with an agency, so maybe it will be a useful several hours spent.

In football news, I couldn't be more excited about Notre Dame being ranked #18 and shutting out our first opponent (Nevada) 35-0. (Michigan did all right in their first game too...cough, cough.) Kayle and I are looking forward to the ND-Michigan game this weekend. Cheer for the Irish or the next post may be more sad in tone...

While we did enjoy having a long weekend for Labor Day, Kayle and I were a bit disappointed by the fact it rained the entire time. We were hoping to ride our bikes to dinner and maybe play some tennis, but alas! Instead, we broke out the "Ungame" and Scrabble and bonded over game night. I bought several $25 gift certificates on Restaurant.com for $2 each (super awesome deal!), so we should be eating at a few new places soon (including an Italian/Greek place- YUM!!). Yay for date night!

Also this weekend, I was pleased to be able to hang out with Kat (from church) and go to the Pro Club for dinner and back to her house to watch a movie. The Pro Club was a little fancy for my taste and they were very keen to get us to come on a tour (I think we were asked about 8 times by 4-5 different people). We ended up watching "17 Again" too, which was pretty full of awkwardness for a full 2 hours. Overall, we had a fun time laughing together and getting to know each other more...

Well, that's it for this week. We love and miss you all, as always!
Angie and Kayle

2 comments:

  1. sorry about Notre Dame losing to Michigan. I'm glad Kayle is not the type of person to rub stuff in, aren't you Angie?

    ReplyDelete