Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easy Week #2

This week was the second WASL week, so I only had school on Monday and Wednesday. I am kind of glad WASL is now over so I can resume my regular tutoring schedule. I have been getting a lot of reading done at school when kids have no homework, though. We're nearing the final stretch as we enter the 4th quarter for grades and have only 2 months left! I hope we can end strong and make progress toward new habits for next year. The school also have some exciting year-end things coming up, particularly the Jaguar Arts Festival, which is a school-wide art and talent exhibition and the year's most well-attended event. The WRC tutors also have a bunch of donated prizes to give away, so I think we'll host one more literacy event for students and families to come to. Since our school is closing, everyone wants to go out with a bang!

On my days off this week, I cooked, cleaned, did laundry, ran errands, and caught up on some TV shows. I also talked to a bunch of people on the phone with my longest conversation topping off at about 4 hours! I tried a new chicken and artichoke recipe from Good Housekeeping that was good and made a meal to bring over to a family in our CG that just had a baby boy named Urijah. After telling her how much I rely on my GPS to get places, I punched in the wrong address on the way to their house and ended up taking an extra half hour to get there! Bummer!

My other major bummer this week was locking my keys in the car at a garage sale while Kayle was at work. I happened to also have locked my phone in the car, so I had to ask the family having the sale to use their phone. Since Kayle said we had a spare key under the car somewhere, I spent about 20 minutes trying to find it (still in front of the house with the garage sale). Finally, when I gave up, Kayle had to borrow a car from someone at work and "save the day" while I sat on the curb and waited for him. This is not the first time I've locked the keys in the car since moving to Seattle, and I'm sure it won't be the last. But it sure is annoying every single time I do it!!

On Friday night, we went to Mike Fischer's house (from UM- Dutch House too) for a movie night. They had seating in their living room for like 15 people, and we played Rock Band with a huge projected image on the wall. We also enjoyed some ice cream left over from the bachelor party last week and saw "Equilibrium," a modern version of Fahrenheit 451 in which all books and art were burned to prevent humans from engaging in any conflict by destroying emotion. It was interesting but violent, and, all in all, I think the puppy in it stole the show. Anyway, Kayle ended the night with a computer conversation while I fell asleep on the couch, so everyone was happy!

This weekend was mostly just relaxing with some garage sales and a bike ride on Saturday. On Sunday (today), we went to church early (8 am) so Kayle could work the video at the morning services while I played with some lil' ones. Kayle had a meeting to start helping with children's ministry too, so we didn't get home until after 2:30. We're feeling pretty tired, so we'll probably watch a movie and go to bed early tonight. How I love the weekends! :)

Anyway, not too much is new with us this week. We're still waiting for our couch and loveseat to be delivered, but it should come in the next week or so. We love you and miss you all!

Angie and Kayle

P.S. For those having trouble viewing the pictures I posted. Try highlighting the whole link and then pressing Ctrl and C together. Then, click in the website box on the top of the screen and press Ctrl and V together. When you hit Enter, you should get to the page with the photos. Let me know if you want more help!

No comments:

Post a Comment